renting apartment month to month
a***@googlemail.com
2008-09-02 16:40:08 UTC

I'm thinking of going to hawaii (not sure which island yet) for a
month or two to do some surfing and snorkelling. If i'm staying for
two months, i don't want to be paying 100 dollars a day for a hotel
room, i'd like to find an apartment to rent month to month, somewhere
near the beach. anyone know where on the web I can find listings for
something like this or where I should search? Looking to pay about 1k
a month.

Thanks.
Sharon T G Westfall
2008-09-02 22:00:03 UTC
Post by a***@googlemail.com
i'd like to find an apartment to rent month to month, somewhere
near the beach. anyone know where on the web I can find listings for
something like this or where I should search? Looking to pay about 1k
a month.
I don't know about websites, but I'm sure if you look you can find a TVR,
a Temporary Vacation Rental, like Barack Obama did when he came to
vacation before the DNC. I have no idea how much these things cost, but
I'm sure they're cheaper than staying at a hotel. Just make sure you find
one that's legal. I live in an area that are filled with illegal
rentals... they clog up our streets and driveways with extra traffic, and
fill our rubbish cans with beer bottles. They're not very neighborly,
they just pack people in to the neighborhood to make money.
Jerry Okamura
Thanks.
Maren at google
2008-09-03 18:55:03 UTC
Post by a***@googlemail.com
Hi,
I'm thinking of going to hawaii (not sure which island yet) for a
month or two to do some surfing and snorkelling. If i'm staying for
two months, i don't want to be paying 100 dollars a day for a hotel
room, i'd like to find an apartment to rent month to month, somewhere
near the beach. anyone know where on the web I can find listings for
something like this or where I should search? Looking to pay about 1k
a month.
I'd start with the classifieds in the Advertiser and/or Star Bulletin,
and probably check Craigslist. Or the other way 'round.

Depending on where you're going I don't know how realistic 1k/month
is though. In Hilo you'd probably find one.

Aloha,
Maren
HiloBeads: Beads - Beading Supplies - Hand-made Jewelry
http://www.hilobeads.com/
Blog at: http://hilobeads.blogspot.com/
al Guacamole
2008-09-03 18:55:07 UTC
Post by a***@googlemail.com
Hi,
I'm thinking of going to hawaii (not sure which island yet) for a
month or two to do some surfing and snorkelling. If i'm staying for
two months, i don't want to be paying 100 dollars a day for a hotel
room, i'd like to find an apartment to rent month to month, somewhere
near the beach. anyone know where on the web I can find listings for
something like this or where I should search? Looking to pay about 1k
a month.
Thanks.
I would guess that you could probably find studio apartments or rooms
out in the more distant areas of Honolulu from Waikiki for that rate.
But the problem would be that most landlords would want a longer lease
period. IIRC I've heard that a number of divorced people for example,
will either move back with relatives and parents or just take a
furnished apartment if they can afford it.I would guess that these
land lords might be used to shorter lease periods.